Calls & Contests
This page lists current national and international calls for entries and contests for work in printmaking media, listed in order by submission due date. Please submit information about any calls for work or contests using the form at the bottom of the page.
This list is intended to function as a resource for printmakers; inclusion on this list does not constitute an endorsement by Smidgeon Press, and I make no guarantees about the reliability or viability of any organization, event, or collective included on this list. If you’re an emerging printmaker who is new to submitting, please consider reading DCimPRINT’s handy guide, Printmaking 101: Applying for shows, first.
Update: New entries added on September 12, 2014. Please pitch in by submitting any opportunities you know of using the form at the bottom of this page. I have many professional demands right now, making it difficult to dedicate time to finding the opportunities available to you. Regular seasonal updates should resume sometime in November.
- New Prints 2014/Autumn: IPCNY. Deadline September 15, 2014. No entry fee. Juried by Nicola López, a printmaker and teacher at Columbia University.
- MONOTHON2014: Center for Contemporary Printmaking. Please check the prospectus page for more info. I will update this as information becomes available (or will try, anyway). *note: no prospectus yet, as of Sept. 12, 2014. Artist printing sessions begin September 28, according to information at the above link.
- 89th International Competition: The Print Center, PA. Deadline October 31, 2014. Entry fee $45. Juried by Dan Byers, Richard Armstrong Curator of Modern & Contemporary Art and Tina Kukielski, Hillman Photography Initiative Curator, both at Carnegie Museum of Art, Pittsburgh.
- Open Call for Future Exhibitions: W @ The Whit. Deadline December 1, 2014. (I don’t normally post exhibition calls, but I know many artists are having a hard time finding galleries are accepting submissions.)
- Call for Applicants: Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation Grants for Artists. Rolling application. Candidates must work in traditional, representative media and be in the early stages of their careers. Grants in CAD$15,000 and CAD$18,000.
Did you find this helpful?
Say “thanks” by donating $3 to my coffee fund: