Calls & Contests
This page lists current national and international calls for entries and contests for work in printmaking media, listed in order by submission due date. Please submit information about any calls for work or contests using the form at the bottom of the page.
This list is intended to function as a resource for printmakers; inclusion on this list does not constitute an endorsement by Smidgeon Press, and I make no guarantees about the reliability or viability of any organization, event, or collective included on this list. If you’re an emerging printmaker who is new to submitting, please consider reading DCimPRINT’s handy guide, Printmaking 101: Applying for shows, first.
Update: New entries added on June 22, 2014.
- Ink, Press, Repeat: University Galleries at William Paterson University. Deadline July 31, 2014. Printmaking and book arts in traditional and digital media, for U.S. residents only. Entry fee $10, up to 3 images.
- MONOTHON2014: Center for Contemporary Printmaking. Prospectus available in August 2014. Please check the prospectus page for more info. I will update this as information becomes available (or will try, anyway).
- International Small Engraving Salon (Salonul Internațional de Gravură Mică): Florean Art Museum, Romania. Deadline August 1, 2014. Must be 20 years or older to participate. Entry fee $10 for up to 5 works. Juried by curator Alexandra Mihali and others.
- 2014 Pacific States Biennial National Print Exhibition: University of Hawai’i at Hilo. Deadline August 15, 2014. Entry fee is $35 for up to 2 works. Juried by Willie Cole.
- Lines into Shapes: Art Center of Estes, CO. Deadline is August 31, 2014. Entry is $15 per, up to 9 entries.
- International Juried Print Exhibition 2014: New Grounds Print Workshop and Gallery, NM. Deadline September 1, 2014. Entry fee is $30 for up to 3 works.
- Dark: National Juried Exhibition: Arc Gallery & Studios, CA. Deadline September 4, 2014. Entry fee is $35 for up to three images; maximum of two entries. Juried by Nancy Toomey of Toomey Tourell Fine Art Gallery, San Francisco, CA.
- Open Call for Future Exhibitions: W @ The Whit. Deadline December 1, 2014. (I don’t normally post exhibition calls, but I know many artists are having a hard time finding galleries are accepting submissions.)
- Call for Applicants: Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation Grants for Artists. Rolling application. Candidates must work in traditional, representative media and be in the early stages of their careers. Grants in CAD$15,000 and CAD$18,000.
Did you find this helpful?
Say “thanks” by donating $3 to my coffee fund: