Calls & Contests
This page lists current national and international calls for entries and contests for work in printmaking media, listed in order by submission due date. Please submit information about any calls for work or contests using the form at the bottom of the page.
This list is intended to function as a resource for printmakers; inclusion on this list does not constitute an endorsement by Smidgeon Press, and I make no guarantees about the reliability or viability of any organization, event, or collective included on this list. If you’re an emerging printmaker who is new to submitting, please consider reading DCimPRINT’s handy guide, Printmaking 101: Applying for shows, first.
Update: New entries added on October 22, 2014 to tide you over. Please pitch in by submitting any opportunities you know of using the form at the bottom of this page. I have many professional demands right now, making it difficult to dedicate time to finding available opportunities. Regular seasonal updates should resume in November.
- 89th International Competition: The Print Center, PA. Deadline October 31, 2014. Entry fee $45. Juried by Dan Byers, Richard Armstrong Curator of Modern & Contemporary Art and Tina Kukielski, Hillman Photography Initiative Curator, both at Carnegie Museum of Art, Pittsburgh.
- Au Naturel: the Nude in the 21st Century (2015): Clatsop Community College Art Center Gallery (Oregon). Deadline November 7, 2014. Entry fee $35 up to 15 images ($5 per additional). Open to national and international applicants working with the nude human form. Juried by Barbara Shaiman.
- The Contemporary Print: PrintAusten 2015 (Texas). Deadline November 9, 2014. Open to artists in the U.S. Entry fee $35 for up to 10 images ($10 per additional). Juried by Kathryn Polk and Kevin McNamee-Tweed.
- Beyond Words: Contemporary Book Art: Foothills Art Center (Colorado). Deadline November 17, 2014. Open to national and international applicants. Entry fee $30 for up to 5 images. Juried by Alicia Bailey.
- Open Call for Future Exhibitions: W @ The Whit. Deadline December 1, 2014. (I don’t normally post exhibition calls, but I know many artists are having a hard time finding galleries are accepting submissions.)
- New Prints 2015/Winter: International Print Center New York. Deadline December 1, 2014. No entry fee.
- BIG INK: AS220 Printshop (Providence, Rhode Island). Deadline February 16, 2015. No entry fee. Submit design for 36 x 72 inch woodcut. Read prospectus for full details.
- BIG INK: Pickwick Independent Press (Portland, Maine). Deadline March 23, 2015. No entry fee. Submit design at least 24 x 36 inches, but no larger than 40 inches. Read prospectus for full details.
- Call for Applicants: Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation Grants for Artists. Rolling application. Candidates must work in traditional, representative media and be in the early stages of their careers. Grants in CAD$15,000 and CAD$18,000.
Did you find this helpful?
Say “thanks” by donating $3 to my coffee fund: