Calls & Contests
This page lists current national and international calls for entries and contests for work in printmaking media, listed in order by submission due date. Please submit information about any calls for work or contests using the form at the bottom of the page.
This list is intended to function as a resource for printmakers; inclusion on this list does not constitute an endorsement by Smidgeon Press, and I make no guarantees about the reliability or viability of any organization, event, or collective included on this list. If you’re an emerging printmaker who is new to submitting, please consider reading DCimPRINT’s handy guide, Printmaking 101: Applying for shows, first.
Update: New entries added on February 7, 2014.
- Open Call: The HAND Magazine: A Magazine for Reproducible Art. Deadline is February 28, 2014. Follow submission guidelines carefully for inclusion in their publication.
- Bite, Scratch & Expose: New Printmaking: Morean Arts Center (FL). Deadline is March 1, 2014 (postmark). Submitted works must be at least 80% non-digital, non-photo print processes. Entry fee: $30.
- 3rd International Print Biennale 2014. Deadline is March 3, 2014. Selections by Stephen Coppel, Modern Prints and Drawings, British Museum; David Nash RA, Artist; Susan Tallman, Editor–in-Chief, Art in Print, Chicago, USA. Entry fee is £25/€30 per artist, up to 10 images.
- 34th Mini Print International of Cadaqués. Deadline is March 15, 2014. Entry fee: 100 USD/80 EUR (residents of Spain: 40 EUR). Jurors not announced at time of inquiry.
- PrintHouston: Next 2014: PrintMatters. Deadline is March 31, 2014. Entry fee: $45, up to 3 images. Juried by Yizhak Elyashiv of RISD.
- NEW: BIG INK: Lyell Castonguay (Florence, MA). Currently accepting proposals for large scale woodcut projects (at least 24 x 36 inches). Deadline is April 8, 2014. Free to submit, some supplies provided.
- TRANSFORMATION: 14th Annual Postcard Print Exchange. Deadline is April 11, 2014. Suggested entry fee: $4. Not juried.
- NEW: International Contemporary Miniprint of Kazanlak (Bulgaria) 2014. Deadline is April 20, 2014. Entry fee: €50.00 EUR. View the 2013 exhibition catalog here.
- Print International 5: Shy Rabbit. Deadline is May 24, 2014 (postmarked or online). Entry fee: $30 for up to 3 images, $5 for each additional (max. 10). Juried by Karen Kunc.
- Call for Applicants: Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation Grants for Artists. Rolling application. Candidates must work in traditional, representative media and be in the early stages of their careers. Grants in CAD$15,000 and CAD$18,000.