This is what I’ve been up to! It’s the first time in a few years that I’ve used two plates to make one print, but the process was easier than I remember. Of course, I didn’t branch out much with the colors, so any accidents are less visible than if I had chosen very different colors–and I had Daniel to assist in the role of “clean hands”.
The central image is printed in a warm black (Daniel Smith vine black), and the crow border is printed in a cool black (Gamblin Portland Cool Black). The effect is subtle, but I like it. I tried it the other way around the first time, and it just didn’t look right.
I love this print, but there is a little more that I think I will do to the second plate (the central image). I should have that done by the end of the week, if my paper supply holds out.