This page lists current national and international calls for entries and contests for work in printmaking media, listed in order by submission due date. Please submit information about any calls for work or contests using the form at the bottom of the page.
This list is intended to function as a resource for printmakers; inclusion on this list does not constitute an endorsement, and I make no guarantees about the reliability or viability of any organization, event, or collective included on this list. If you’re an emerging printmaker who is new to submitting, please consider reading DCimPRINT’s handy guide, Printmaking 101: Applying for shows.
Create a (free) profile on CaFÉ. Check out the Bay Area Art Grind‘s listings for opportunities that are less specific to printmakers. If I haven’t updated recently, you can comb through my maddeningly mixed primary resources here, here, here and here (the last is an excellent resource for printmaking residency opportunities, less so for exhibitions).
Update: New entries added on March 3, 2014. Please pitch in by submitting any opportunities you know of using the form at the bottom of this page.
- 2015 Artworks Northwest: Umpqua Valley Arts Association (OR). Deadline March 6, 2015. Juried by Marie Watt. Entry fee $30 (non-members). Must live in the Pacific Northwest.
- 11th Annual Open Juried Small Works Exhibition: Mamaroneck Artists Guild (NY). Deadline March 13, 2015. Juried by David Dunlop. Entry fee is $40 for 1-3 images; $10 for each additional up to 5.
- Annual Juried Prints, Works on/in Paper and Book Arts: Pyramid Atlantic Art Center (MD). Deadline March 13, 2015. Juried by Justin Strom (University of MD in College Park). No entry fee; must have or purchase membership ($40 – $500).
- Art by America, a National Review of 2D Contemporary Art: The Art House (Chicago,IL). Deadline March 13, 2015. Juried by James Yood and Ginny Voedisch. Applicants must reside in America (whatever that means). Entry fee $49.
- 10th International Miniature Print Exhibition: The Center for Contemporary Printmaking. Deadline March 14, 2015 (postmark). Juried by Lyle Williams, Curator of Prints and Drawings at the McNay Art Museum (TX). Non-member entry fee $40 domestic and $50 international.
- BIG INK/Lyell Castonguay: Pickwick Independent Press (Portland, Maine). Deadline March 23, 2015. No entry fee. Submit design at least 24 x 36 inches, but no larger than 40 inches. Read prospectus for full details.
- Call for Applicants: Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation Grants for Artists. Rolling application. Candidates must work in traditional, representative media and be in the early stages of their careers. Grants in CAD$15,000 and CAD$18,000.
Did you find this helpful? Want my updates to happen more often?
Show your gratitude by donating $3 to my coffee fund: