This page formerly listed current national and international calls for entries and contests for work in printmaking media. Unfortunately for you, I’m too busy to maintain it anymore. So instead, here’s a list of places to chase down opportunities on your own. Feel free to use the submission form to suggest other resources or let me know if a link is dead. Good luck out there!
If you’re an emerging printmaker who is new to submitting, please consider reading DCimPRINT’s handy guide, Printmaking 101: Applying for shows.
Art in Print posts a calendar of printmaking exhibitions, workshops, conferences, benefits and auctions. They don’t list calls, but their articles are thoughtful, and they do a quarterly call for editions to feature, for subscribers (I recommend it, for personal edification).
Updated: February 27, 2016.
- A Singular Creation: Calls – offers a lot of sort criteria, claims to be “the best”
- Art Deadlines List – limited free list, have to pay to see more (not sure if worth it)
- Art Rubicon (filter: printmaking) – primarily lists residency opportunities
- ArtShow: Juried Shows – filters by geographical regions (primarily U.S.), not media
- Bay Area Art Grind (category: printmaking) – handy list for U.S., west-coasters
- CaFÉ – create a profile to browse and apply for opportunities
- Callfor.org (graphic/print arts) – only posts entry-free calls
- EntryThingy: Calls – lists calls and is an online submission system
- IPCNY Calls – mostly residencies (subscribe for IPCNY-specific calls)
- McClain’s Calendar – lists notable annual or semi-annual opportunities
- RACC Calls for Artists List – mostly Pacific Northwest, some U.S. national
- SGCI Opportunities – jobs, exchanges and calls
- The Art Guide: Calls – hit-and-miss list of unsorted opportunities
- Finally, search for “printmaking calls and contests” and if your search engine allows it, limit your search to things within the last month.